and other information for
The mausoleum is open to visitor's everyday of the year from
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
What is Permitted
- You are welcome to put artificial flowers on TABLES nearest to your crypt.
- If the tables are full, please notify the office and we will see if another table can be provided for the area.
- If you choose to put fresh flowers out for special occasions, they will be removed after 48 hours.
- We ask that no more than two (2) live plants or memorials , be placed for any one person at a time. They are to be left for no more than 60 days, at that time, we will remove them.
- To ensure ownership, please put your name on the bottom of vases.
- *Christmas and other seasonal flowers and decorations will be removed 30 days after the holiday and put in the storage area for 10 days. If not picked up by then, they will be discarded.
- If you have a loved one outside in the courtyard, the same rules apply as set for those inside the mausoleum.
Our personnel will remove flowers and
other objects that no longer look presentable
or are no longer in season.
What is Prohibited
*Effective January 1, 2005*
- Nothing is to be taped to the front of the crypt. Tape and adhesive build-up can damage and take away from the beauty of the marble.
- Please do not put anything in the cracks between the crypt fronts. The crypt fronts are held on by four small screws and they are not designed for anything else but to hold the front securely in place. Putting decorations in the cracks can also break the seal behind the marble.
The Catholic Cemetery Association offers a variety of ways to help you remember your loved one throughout the year. We offer Easter Lilies & Poinsettias during the holidays for purchase. They are displayed in the Mausoleum Chapel. A memorial board at the front entrance will show the names of those who purchased a plant for their loved one. Order forms for these are found in the newsletters.
If you would like a long-lasting bronze memorial permanently attached to the front of the crypt, we have hundreds of styles and designs to offer. (These are the only approved decorations for crypt fronts.)
The regulations listed above are intended to help maintain our beautiful and sacred Mausoleum. Research has shown us that dying flowers and plants attract phorid flies, which we are presently fighting. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
Office location and hours:
7519 N. Allen Road
Peoria, IL. 61614
Office hours are Monday- Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.